[N-Ext] Humic12™ Alternative

[N-Ext] Humic12™ Alternative

N-Ext_Humic12-Liquid-Humic-Acid
N-Ext Humic12

Looking for an alternative to liquid humic acids like [N-Ext] Humic12™? Maybe you’re interested in substituting liquids by mixing your own solutions? Even more, looking to save a lot of money?

If you have access to water, then mixing your own humic concentrate solution is very simple.

I for one enjoy mixing my own lawn fertilizers and soil amendments. I like to see the actual product in its purest state before mixing with water and spraying my lawn with my My4Sons backpack sprayer.

The Humic12 solution is simple: just mix one pound of Kelp4less Organic Humic Acid in one gallon of water (128 oz.) and you have yourself a 12% humic acid concentrate. That’s it! And if you follow the [N-Ext] Humic12™ label, it’s then 6 oz. of concentrate per gallon of water for every 1,000 sq. ft.

PRODUCTAMOUNTWATERHUMIC ACID SOLUTION
Kelp4Less Organic Humic Acid16 oz. 128 oz.12%

Five pounds of Kelp4less Organic Humic Acid (with lawnphix coupon code applied at checkout of 15% off) is about $75 (including free shipping). This will cover over 106,000 sq. ft. of turf. That’s roughly $0.70 per 1,000 sq. ft. Cheap!

Compare that to the $108 price tag for five gallons of [N-Ext] Humic12™, and that’s $1.02 per 1,000 sq. ft.

N-Ext Humic12 Liquid$108
Kelp4Less Organic Humic Acid$75*
COST SAVINGS$33
*with ‘lawnphix’ for 15% off

You’ll save $33 by mixing it yourself, or about $0.32 per 1,000 sq. ft.

Here’s a few items that may make mixing easier if you choose to mix more than one gallon at a time:

Kelp4less Humic Acid

Alternatively you can mix about 23-28 grams of granular or dry humic acid per gallon for every 1,000 sq. ft. of turf and have the same solution. So if you don’t want to mix a concentrate, use this formula every time you use humic acid on your grass.

These solutions will last several weeks in a cool area, in a clean and airtight container, such as these jugs on Amazon. I used hot tap water, shake vigorously in one of these containers, and store overnight before using.

Everyone’s water is different. Depending on your pH, iron content, and other minerals can affect how well these products dissolve. If you use a tow behind sprayer, you should strain this product in the event that not all humic acid dissolves, as this may clog your sprayer. The best strainers are these 100 micron mesh filters that fit on a 5 gallon bucket.

I’ve never once had an issue with any Kelp4less product in my My4Sons backpack sprayer. I pour the Kelp4less mix right through my basket strainer. It also has a filter at the bottom of the reservoir that catches any smaller granules that might find its way into the tank.

So start saving money today by shopping Kelp4less as your N-Ext Humic12 alternative!

What is Humic12™?

N-Ext Humic12 is a liquid product made by Greene Country Fertilizer Co. The “12” is for 12% humic acid. One gallon is 143 ounces by weight, which means 12% (or approximately 17 ounces) of that gallon is humic acid. The rest (88%) is water.

Can I make my own 12% humic acid solution?

Yes! Simply mix 1 lb. of dry, granular humic acid into one gallon of water, and you have yourself a simple ~12% humic acid concentrate solution! Apply 6oz. of that solution per gallon of water for every 1,000 sq. ft. and you have yourself the same N-Ext product.

What are the benefits of making your own Humic12 concentrate?

*Never worry about damaged liquid products leaking while being shipped
*See the actual granular product before dissolving in water
*Save a lot of money by mixing your own
*Make more or less solution on demand
*Less storage space needed for packages of dry product
*Limit the carbon footprint by shipping dry products
**5 lbs. of Kelp4less covers 5 gallons of liquid concentrate
**1 gallon of N-Ext Humic12 weighs 8.9 lbs.

2 “[N-Ext] Humic12™ Alternative” Reviews

  1. What would be the shelf life of this gallon of concentrate once is mixed up,or the shelf life of the granular humic acid,kelp,extreme blend etc,thank’s.

    1. Hi Paul. I mix for about 1-2 weeks then strain and keep in my garage refrigerator. As long as your container is clean, it should last for at least 1-2 months in a cool dark place, and in an air-tight container.

Leave a Comment